.

.

Monday, February 24, 2014

"Remember Him always, it is His plan after all.."

So pretty much done with my transfer. Where has the time gone!? Crazy how I just see time go from one pday to the next. Love every day of it!!

So it was my birfday week. Woot woot! What better way to spend it than finding people right?? We had 5 new investigators this week, and we put 7 people on date for baptism!! Life. Is. Good. The Lord is truly blessing us with our exact obedience. His Spirit truly guides us in where we should go and what we should say when we envelop ourselves in the work and constantly seek its guidance. Focused a lot on keeping the Lord involved in the work this week...after all, it is his :P

So we have this 9 yr old boy named Caleb. He had been going to church for the past 2 months and never saw missionaries. So we immediately put him on our baptismal sights. Haha we had the first visit, set up another appointment...then went back, asked him to be baptized, said yes, gave him a kit kat and called it a day. Haha kidding, but he was so ready, just no one bothered to take the step further. We are working with his less active mum and non-member pops now too!

Next is Justice...9 year old girl who had received lessons before but "her missionaries" left and she fell off. Well turns out her missionaries would just go over and play with her. Super sketch right? Anyway, we said we wanted her to have a goal ti be baptized. She agreed and will enter into that covenant the beginning of April. Funny story, she went to her friends and was like "Kaliyah!! I'm getting ba-batized!" It's a Utah thing -_- haha super funny!

Zach and Karen are next. Young couple who just moved to the area. Just had TWINS!? Just about the cutest things ever!! But they are learning about our family values and are super into it, so we will continue fading into the whole doctrine.

Jarett Sanchez. Idk if I mentioned him last week.. He found the church in jail and wants to get ba-baptized! Longer process but he's so ready. He literally does everything we tell him to do. Already read through the BoM. Has a testimony of it and JSmith, and of the healing process of the atonement. Super solid. Way happy for him. I really hope i'm still in the area to see his baptism.

Levi the man. Friend of a Recent Convert, Brenden. Happened to be in one of our lessons with Brenden's sister Felicity and was intrigued. Now he is taking the lessons at Brenden's and is super excited to learn more!

I met with the Guatemalans again! So she had us over for food again, and we asked the spanish branch for fellowship. Okay, literally half the branch showed up haha it was awesome!! She has friends that go with her to zumba that are members and she will be at church this sunday :))

Super excited for the work! Although it was a week of reflection. I felt I wasn't doing everything I could to involve the Lord with his work. I refelcted upon JSmith's words, "Sometimes the Lord brings us low, before He can raise us higher". I thought much about it and it was a very humbling moment. I am privileged to be able to hold my calling as a representative of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I may not be the most knowledgeable, or the best teacher...but with the Lord's help in everything we do, we can be the best that we can be. "The Lord calls us in our weakness, but He qualifies us for His work". If we involve the Lord in everything we do, we may find comfort and success in all things that He has prepared for us to receive. Remember Him always, it is His plan after all; this I humbly pray, in the name of our Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Amen

Love and Miss you all.

-Elder Castellanos



Side note: Pictures are either selfies or cool things I saw this week. One is my companion and I at McDonalds for my 21st birthday haha