.

.

Monday, March 24, 2014

"He has called us all as His servants/representatives to work day and night to bring forth the fruit of the restoration"

Hola familia!

So this week's letter is a little short because we practically spent the whole week helping a bishop in Wellington finish building his casa! It was wayyyyyyyy fun! We spent Mondayplaying basketball then a lesson with Sister Trina. 
Then Tuesday Wednesday, and Friday we spent 9am-4pm helping the bishop with the house! I attached some pictures it was super fun!! We had like 4 different sets of elders and a pair of sisters. Such a beautiful home too! They are going to have a slide that goes from the mid floor to the basement!! :D I called dibs on first to use it haha They are rushing because the appraisal is this upcoming thursday. Ahhhhh! So we were wroking super hard. Plus side is though the Sister Hobbes, his wife, is so eccentric and lively she made it way fun. She blasted Disney music the whole time and made us sing along. (like she had to make us, right haha) She was super happy when I told her I worked at Disney and I gave her the info because she wants her kids to do the internship! Super fun! You will see a pitcure of a puppy! One of our investigators dogs had them this week and I wanted to take one home :( I miss my puppies! haha Other than that we saw many great miracles! 2 I want to mention is with Nathan Curtis. We had 2 lessons with him this week and we chastized his mum and his gma for not taking him to church when his baptism is the 29th. -_- I've noticed i've been getting better with being bold with people. Super nice because they sometimes need that extra push to make them understand the importance. So the whole family came and sat with us at stake conference!!! I mean...I bribed the other kids with treats, but hey...gotta do what you gotta do haha 
Next is Daniel! Daniel Meyer if you remember is the tradition catholic that believes LDS beliefs but wants to stay catholic. So0o0o0o0o0o in our last lesson I was just like, Daniel...that's not what catholics believe, you know it, I know it, and i'm sure your pastor will surely tell you the same thing. He acknowledged it and said he'd pray about it, ANDDDDDD he was at stake conference!! :DD So0o0o i'll send his baptism pictures next week ;) haha it's truly wonderful how as a missionary you truly are the guide for people to seek Heavenly Father for their answers. If we can just encourage them enough to act, and they do so, the whole world can be baptized. :P 
So at stake conference President Clark of the mission presidency called my companion and I up! :O I was like, oh nooooo...he talked a bit about us and said how happy he was with us being there and made us recite the standard of truth. Luckilyyyyy, it's a mission scripture mastery haha but that's what I wanted to share today. Stake conference focused on hastening the work, as you could imagine, and really emphasized Joseph Smith's words. "The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent, til it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, til the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah shall say, the work is done" I turn your attention to Jacob chapter 5 where he gives us the allegory of the Lord's vineyard quoting Zenos. I know that this will be the last time the Lord will visit and work in His vineyard to establish His glory. He has called us all as His servants/representatives to work day and night to bring forth the fruit of the restoration. May we work diligently and do our part, I pray, in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.