.

.

Monday, March 24, 2014

"Member missionary work is the key to hastening the work. Are you doing your part?"

Hello my wonderful family!! :D

So it's been a super good, yet busy week...I guess as a missionary those 2 go hand in hand huh? haha But I decided to keep better track of my days so I started writing myself notes! So here we go!

Monday: Super good P-day. We had our NERF war again! Super fun cuz we got more people to join. Although the pains of diving around come the next day o.O haha But we did that then got back to our routine. We had an amazing Family Home Evening with a family whose pops is excommunicated. He is working so hard to regain status and it is just wonderful to see the love and support his wife and kids have in him. Ah! Then we met with Sister Trina. Inactive family.... She has a great desire to get back...

Tuesday: Super busy day running around giving blessings. It is such a privilege to be a worthy priesthood holder, and to be able to see the faith people have in asking for the use of it. It will be a joyful day when I can bless my own family with it! So I totally made an awesome breakfast...you will see pictures! Also, we met with Keith and Alisha for some service and they got a new dog! It is a Great Pyranese and its so big! It's almost as tall as me on 2 legs! Beautiful dog though!

Wednesday: We had such great lessons today. It is truly marvelous to see the power of the atonement slowly make their way into their lives. Repentance is very real, and with that comes sincere forgiveness. Most people dwell on insecurities and past transgressions and it is not healthy. Enos best describes it when he says, "and my soul hungered". As our spiritual strength diminishes we get issues with self-worth and depression. Are we doing everything we can to "feast" on the words of Christ? We also had an amazing lesson with Cord. If you don't remember him, he just got married to a very active sister. He loves how the book of mormon is similar to the bible in its teachings, enjoys the plan of salvation, but cannot get past the fact that he doesn't understand why the mormon church is the one he should join. We felt impressed that as he prays, he asks for knowledge and understanding...but not to know if it is true. Preach My Gospel encourages to ask direct questions for direct answers. Very important to be straightforward, after all, the gospel is centered on clarity.

Thursday: was a rough day! We had district meeting in the morning, lessons, then a mission conference for ward mission leaders in Wellington at night. Our mission president asked me to do the translation and oh boy, let me tell ya; an hour and a half of pure on the fly translation from english to spanish and the speakers did not take it slow :/ haha it was so hard! but I was able to go through it and I felt accomplished afterwards!

Friday: TOTALLY got  abox from home!! Super happy :D Also got letters from Sister Peterson which was like a double whammy of joy! :D 

Saturday: We had dinner with Pres. Perez, from the spanish branch and he is just awesome! It truly shows that he is a man called of God and inspired with true love to his area and all people. It was such a blessing to see a man that truly lives the gospel to the fullest. I say this because surprisingly enough, Utah mormons have been the dawn of a double standard. Much of what i've seen has been a creation of a culture that have imposed their own opinions into the doctrine of christ. It's truly sad when we visit a family and they just pour out these experiences of bad examples in the community. :(

Sunday: I gave a speech in one of our wards regarding missionary work, but mostly about the blessings we have seen through it. I definitely had much to say! :P  Then we had branch conference in spanish so they asked me to translate for that as well. Much easier this time because they gave me the scriptures they would use at least o.O haha super fun though. at the end of the day, we had root beer floats with the district and called it a night.

So that's my week! Hope i didn't bore y'all too much. This week I have more quotes for you! Neal A Maxwell states, "The Lord does not ask about our ability or inability, but only about our availability; and if we prove our dependability, the Lord will take care of our capability." Such a strong message. I pondered it and it made me think of the struggle Moses had in the Old Testament with leading his people. He tried every excuse to not deem himself worthy, and God answered that he would make up where he lacked. Same thing happens with us. Sometimes we are prompted or called to a position or situation in which we feel scared, or inadequate to fulfill. Let us remember who is calling us to the work. Not the spirit...not our bishop, president or other leaders....but our Heavenly Father. He is always on our side. This goes also to those young men who are contemplating a mission. Let it be a desire of your heart to serve...sadly there are many that are out for the wrong reasons. If the underlying desire to go out on a mission is to invite others to experience the same joy we have with the gospel...then you need not worry of your capability...God will help you. Elder Bruce R McConkie wrote about missionaries, but I feel it really relates to anyone who has knowledge of the gospel, "I am called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the Earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and he has chosen me to represent Him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His Acts; My words are His words and my Doctrine is His Doctrine. My commission is to do what He wants done. To say what He wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of His great and marvelous latter-day work." We are each a living witness to the glory of God and his plan for us. Member missionary work is the key to hastening the work. Are you doing your part? May we open our mouths and allow them to be filled according to the Spirit of the Lord to spread the word to the four corners of the Earth; this I humbly pray, in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

I love and miss you all. Choose the right!