.

.

Monday, March 24, 2014

"May we always turn outward with charity and remember our baptismal covenants..."

Okay maybe not that bad haha...but I can say that it has been the most spiritually draining week since i've been out. Not as busy, but definitely the most tiring. So we will go straight into it!

Monday: P-day of course! whu whuhh. Typical shopping day. Some elders were missing so like 6 of us went to our apartment and played a game of risk. We played for 5 hours and we didn't finish o.O Crazy, huh? It was my first time ever playing so it was pretty interesting haha other than that we just had a big lunch together then proselyted the rest of the night. Super good lesson with sister Trina! We introduced our favorite family(Pendrays) to her family for fellowshipping and support. It went super well! Sister Pendray is so friendly and loving that she made friends right away. We focused the lesson on turning to our Heavenly Father for the biggest support. Great spirit was felt as sister Trina shared her concerns and we addressed them.

Tuesday: My companion was out again with a migraine so I joined the Wellington elders and did our appointments with them  Amazing lesson with Daniel! We were able to use his neighbor's(bro. kellor) home for the lesson and bro. kellor and his wife were there. We answered questions about the Plan of Salvation and then addressed other concerns he had about things his mormon friends have told him.  Michael Hunter! I don't know if I have mentioned him but he is a 14 year old boy we are teaching.  He even taught US the Plan of Salvation after learning about it. He is such a wonderful kid and I can't wait until he enters the waters of baptism and makes his first covenant with our Heavenly Father. If his learning has progressed so much now, I can't imagine how far he will be able to go with the gift of the Holy Ghost. Super Exciting!!! :D

Wednesday: Super good lessons Wednesday but I want to focus on Cord. To remind you, he just got married to a super active lady in one of our wards and has been investigating the church for quite some time. He says he enjoys how the BoM tells of Christ and is similar to the bible, but can't wrap his mind around modern day prophets. He has prayed a lot, but has not been asking the right questions. He prays for understanding, and he is definitely getting it! He is so knowledgeable! This week we had a lesson on recognizing the spirit and asking direct questions for direct answers. We invited him to keep reading and to pray if the BoM is true. If he can get an answer to that, he can gain a testimony of the convincing evidence that Jesus is the Christ...that it was brought forth through Joseph Smith, and that every prophet called since him has been called of God. I am so excited to see his progression!!

Thursday: The whole day consisted our Zone Conference in Richfield. We left at 6 in the morning to get there at 8. It ended at 3, we stayed for dinner, then headed back at 4. Got home at 6 and finished our night with proselyting. Super long day though...I felt so lethargic o.O haha it was fun though. Our leaders are truly inspired and receive much revelation for the mission.

Friday: Nothing too exciting here. We did have a potential investigator attend a ward party and he had a blast! We were able to set up an appointment for this upcoming week and he went to church on Sunday!!! Ahhhhhhh! Okay...almost lost my cooolll thereee. 

Saturday: Super fun but long day! We did service for our investigator Jarett! Remember him? Fresh outt, waiting for baptism...pretty much the coolest person ever? Yeah, him. Okay...his mum may be cooler than him. That may just be because she gives us food though haha kidding! She is SOOOO nice! She treats us so well. But we went over and we helped clean up and shampoo the carpet and paint the garage. I got to wear jeans and a t-shirt!! = Super Happy 3 hours haha Then we had a super good shrimp dinner with the Oveson family from the spanish branch. Ahhhh. Super good! Then Michael Hunter again. Can I just say how much I love this kid? He remembered everything we taught him and has been looking over the diagrams I drew and copied for him. How awesome is He?

Sunday: We literally were running from place to place. Haha We went to the 1st ward with Michael Hunter, then to his class where we taught the Plan of Salvation. Guess who was prepared? Mikey of course! then we rushed to a meeting with the Daily Dose couple at 1045, then rushed to the 4th ward because my companion and I were assigned to speak. I was assigned to speak on the hastening of the work, but mostly chastise this ward for not doing their member missionary work. I wanted to come off bold, but loving; and I feel I did. A sister pulled me aside afterwards crying saying she had to apologize because she wasn't doing her part, and she gave us a referral! How awesome is that!? well the referral part...felt super bad that I made her feel bad :( 

So my message this week will continue the Hastening theme. I draw your attention to D&C 88:73-75 that reads: 
"73. Behold, I will hasten my work in its time.
74. And I give unto you, who are the first laborers in this last kingdom a commandment that you assemble yourselves together, and prepare yourselves, and sanctify yourselves; yea, purify your hearts, and cleanse your hands and your feet before me, that I may make you clean. 
75. That I may testify unto your Father, and your God, and my God, that you are clean from the blood of this wicked generation..."

I've mentioned before what a difference it is to be an example as a follower of Christ. Here in my mission, many members take upon themselves the name of Christ, but take up actions that are contrary. If we follow Christ the closest as possible - He, himself, will testify unto the almighty God that we are true disciples. May we always turn outward with charity and remember our baptismal covenants; this I pray in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.