.

.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

"Beware of your pride boy....your eternal soul is at stake."

Super awesome week! Trip to Moab, zone conference in Richfield, and a baptism on saturday. Our whole zone is seeing miracles! It's just a true testimony of what we can do as we unite ourselves in the cause and work diligently. So we had exchanges with the Moab elders and we had a blast. It's 2 hours away so all 4 of us stayed in the area and proselyted. For pday we went on some hikes though and we plan to go back today. I'll attach pictures. Aubrie was confirmed last sunday and pyper was baptized this friday and confirmed sunday. It was such a blessing to see him and his wife at church. I can't wait for them to go to the temple in a year. We kept in contact with Nick and he too is excited for his baptism coming up on July 5th. He's already made arrangements for his family to be here and such. It will be great because if I get transferred it will be the last saturday in the area. So this week with exchanges and our conference I reflected a lot on the dependency we should have on Heavenly Father, and how we should stray from selfishness and pride. We can't do it alone. We never could...we never will be able to. Which really ties into the messages we heard about Father's yesterday. We really analyzed who a father should be and the role that they have played in our lives. I know I wouldn't be the person I am today, nor have the integrity I work towards if it wasn't for my pops. As I reflected on everything we have gone through with corrections and times where I wasn't acting as I should, it really made me sad. I was super blind as towards the love that he had for me. It's easy to get upset when you don't get your way. Start getting that tunnel vision where we can't see the big picture. I'm sorrowful for the times I was a disappointment, or was not able to take his advice with love. It made me think of the times we don't take Heavenly Father's advice with love. How we try to do our will and not His. Where we get mad at Him when things don't go the way we want them to. He knows all...He knows what's best. May we always seek to do HIS will. May we consult Him in EVERYTHING. Reminds me of Nephi when he was instructed to build a boat. If I remember one of the verses says that he was shown how to build it, not after the manner of men, but after the manner of God. And he pray oft...consulting with the Lord if He was on the right path. That's the example we must follow. The scriptures were given to us for that very reason. May we be able to use those wonderful tools to bless our lives and our families. I love you all!

P.s. Talk about answers to prayers!!! So last monday Amanda and I were discussing Caleb and how we really wanted to know how he was doing. So throughout the week I had been praying to know and feel that he was ok. Well Friday, I told e. rodriguez we needed to ride bikes to save miles. So we went off to our baptismal interview and who do yells out to us at the gas station we were passing????? Caleb's mom!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Okay...so I freaked out and probably went into shock. But we chatted and took a picture but it was so crazy!!! Heavenly Father answers sincere prayers! I know it!