.

.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

"Instead of questioning why it happens, we should drop to our knees and ask what Heavenly Father is trying to teach us"

So not too much to tell, but it's more of quality over quantity. We went to moab for a baptismal interview this past week and coming back home I may or may not have been pulled over o.O So I may or may not have been going a little fast but the cop let us off with a warning...he said he was just concerned with the 5 deer hits he had to take care of that day. I kid you not; not even 2 minutes after we got back on the road...guess what jumps out in the middle of the road at us -_- a stinking deer... so E. pukahi riding shotgun yells out deer as I slam on the brakes and do a tokyo drift style skid around it. o.O It was cray! But it was just a testimony of the love Heavenly Father has for us that he would put that cop in our path to warn us. 

Miracle 2. There's this guy named Shawn that is in the sister's area. He looked kind of sketch so the bishop asked the sisters to have us teach him. We found out about him Sunday and we had a lesson planned for thursday. We prayed every night to see what we should do. Wednesday morning as I was doing my studies, this plan popped into my head. We would have our lesson at the stake center, then give him a church tour, then open up the baptismal font for him to see and put him on date. I counseled with E. rodriguez and he agreed that we should go ahead with it. So we go Thursday morning, get to know him, teach the restoration, give him the tour, and there we are in front of the font. As soon as he stood in front of it he began to cry. We knelt down and prayed and invited him to be baptized on the 5th of July. He said yes!! Wow...how awesome is the spirit at leading us to how to handle our beloved brothers and sisters when we diligently prepare and plead for help. 

We have a God of miracles!!! So I started the Book of Mormon over again this week. I have been getting hardcovers and focusing on one principle as I read. I just finished Faith so I am starting Repentance. But I read the very 1st verse in 1 nephi 1 and it talks about afflictions. I think we can all relate to nephi, being born of goodly parents, being taught in the ways of our fathers, and being highly favored of the Lord. But in the footnotes for afflictions, it describes it as blessings and gifts of god. What great knowledge that is! To know the bad times we go through are blessings! Of course, we don't think about it that way when they happen, but we should! Instead of questioning why it happens, we should drop to our knees and ask what Heavenly Father is trying to teach us. As we do, we find great comfort in bad times, and strength when we endure. That's a promise! I love you all!

-Elder Castellanos