.

.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

"We are imperfect - how great the love our God has for us to bear with us in ur imperfections" (3/23/2015)

So as you all know i've been transferred to the big little town of Delta!! Kay so maybe it's smaller than i make it out to be. It reminds me a lot of richfield but in a mini size. haha Some details, we cover one building which has 3 congregations. An english ward, a spanish branch, and a ysa ward. We attended all 3 sacrament meetings yesterday and it was awesome! I've grown to really appreciate these little towns in Central Utah. They are the heart of the church in my book. The devotion and love that is felt here among the people whether they be members or not is remarkable. I'm excited to get to know them and love them.
 
So not too much happened this week as I got to visit with the leadership but there are some people that stood out. Let's begin!
Ivan- 13 year old kid that moved over from Reno. Grew up in a rough part of town, and he got involved with some things that have kind of followed him here. Super neat kid but doesn't realize the harm that will come in the future from the decisions he is making now. Especially the heartache that his mum might experience. #yolo right?? wrong - He knows the gospel is good for him but he just kind of wants to enjoy life right now. Hopefully the spirit can penetrate his heart enough to cause that change he needs. Although we can't take away his agency, we can awaken that light of christ within him and help him make the clear choice.
 
Hector - Brother who moved here from Peru to work and supply for his family back home. Catholic by tradition but does not attend. Had a powerful message about his desire to come unto God and to really know his Savior. Wow did his countenance change. He just unloaded his questions and his fear of breaking away from tradition. We used some scriptures to comfort him, and give him advice with the Savior's very own words. He was definitely touched. Bore his belief in God and asked us for a book of mormon cuz he had lost his. Then we went back and had a powerful lesson witht he restoration of the gospel. He accepted to continue to receive the lessons and to be baptized.
 
Just 2 for this week but i'm sure Heavenly Father is paving the way for many more this upcoming week as we go out and work hard. I had to drive up to Manti yesterday for a training with President Center. I love every chance I get to spend time and be instructed by him and sister center. I got some amazing notes and the spirit taught me a lot about what more I can do for the missionaries around me. How to serve them better. I'm excited to see how it plays out in this transfer. One of the pictures you will see is our district holding up a title of liberty. I put it together for District meeting as a stand and commitment to be free from the useless waste of time with the iPads haha It was pretty neat. We used the verses in Alma with it too,
 
"11 And now it came to pass that when (Elder Castellanos), who was the (District Leader) of the () District, had heard of these (possible) dissensions, he was angry with (Satan).
12 And it came to pass that he rent his coat; and he took a piece thereof, and wrote upon it--In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our (families), and our (missions)--and he fastened it upon the end of a pole.
...and he took the pole, which had on the end thereof his rent coat, (and he called it the title of liberty) and (they) bowed (themselves) to the earth, and (they) prayed mightily unto (their) God for the blessings of liberty to rest upon (them)..."

I love each of you. Thanks for listening to my ramble every week. The church is true. The gospel is true. We are imperfect - how great the love our God has for us to bear with us in ur imperfections. I love this work. I love my Savior. He carries me every day. Til' next week.!